Sunday, May 12, 2013

Something~



Something breath-taking...
The sight of dawn-
Rising and spreading,
Then suddenly gone.
Bright as a wedding,
Soft as a babe's yawn.
Color and splendor...
Then suddenly wan. 

Something inspiring...
A tug at my soul-
Dares me aim high,
To pursue some goal.
Bids me comply
To that sweet cajole,
Urging me onward,
Fanning the coal.

Something eye-opening...
Giving me sight-
Restoring to me
The lack of clear light;
Helps me to see
What is deemed right.
For justice and freedom,
Urges me fight.

Something restoring...
Makes me anew-
Revives in the sky
The blissful blue.
Presents an ally
Faithful and true.
Revives my sad heart,
Helps me pull through. 

Copyright Hannah Scarlett 2013

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Hannah - you have SUCH a gift with words! I always love reading your poems. :)

    -Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, peaceful, and pure. <(^_^)>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have something there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~