Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home~



Where do babies laugh
And children play?
What does a heart long for,
To dwell in and belong to day by day?

Where bread is baked,
And gardens sewed,
Piles of Autumn leaves raked,
And lush Spring grass mowed?

Where are soft,
Warm beds made,
Night-time prayers said,
And sleepy infants laid?

In a home-
A place where mothers care.
In a home-
A place where meals prepare.

In a home-
A place where fathers comfort.
In a home-
A place free of hurt.

Home~
Where hearts long
To belong...

© Hannah Scarlett 2011


4 comments:

  1. wonderful ! Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog! You know that I am a fan and am patiently awating your first book! Love you! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big girl now and you can't make me cry...*sniff* More than most things, I want the image you have created here to be what you experience and recall later. Hopefully, it is in there somewhere, amid all the things we deal with day to day.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~