Monday, March 14, 2011

Summer~



I step outside in the fresh, cool air,
A gentle breeze stirs my hair.
All around me there is birdsong:
Sweet, harmonious, and not a note wrong.

All about the flowers bloom,
A solemn promise summer is soon.
Tulips, daises, mallows, lupines,
Every tiny blossom opens.

The farmer works hard:
The ground he plows.
Trees grow tall in the yard:
Maple leaves, birch bark, and willow boughs.

Above my head, the sky is blue,
Fluffy white clouds float by, too.
The air is fragrant as flower buds open anew.

The trees stretch high and embrace the sunshine;
It's hard to believe this day is mine!
The creek flows fast, topped with foam.
Summer, summer, welcome home!

© Hannah Scarlett 2010

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you were so pensive! Keep writing, Hannah! I am your biggest fan. Love you! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good...no, wonderous,exciting,tremendously perfect work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I knew you are a pensive/thoughtful/cogitative/pondering sort of person. And to answer your question more fully, 'pensive' is from the French, 'penser' "to think."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that all by you? I promise I'll read it. Frost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for summer, School testing in a week or two at my school

    Frost

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I have a pass to a amusement Park and a Water Park, and i can take a freind free with a cupon. :)

    Frost

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~