Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sleepwalking~


My English assignment was to write a sonnet, which has a very strict rhyme scheme I had to work out.  I had no idea where I was going with it, but it came out like this... I suppose it's about how we are empty of fear and totally relaxed, lost in dreams, when asleep. Or sleepwalking. 

She wandered, a sleeping vagrant through the vale.
Lost in wakeless visions, crossed a stream,
'Neath the starlit sky she walked a dream,
A watchful moon glowing cool and pale. 
From whence she came and what she sought
Were matters she thought not to reckon.
Her calling slumber would gently beckon,
And she would, fearless, away be caught.
To a cliff she drew deftly near,
Wavered without cry upon the edge,
Gazing in awe down at the world.
Sleep did not permit her fear,
She stood upright on the ledge;
Innocent of peril, danced and twirled. 

Copyright Hannah Scarlett 2013


1 comment:

  1. Hannah, you're getting more and more skilled at shaping the language so artfully. A true poet you are!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~