Thursday, March 24, 2011

When Day is Done~



A warm fire to sit at,
My faithful rocker: an old friend;
Glowing candlelight to read by,
The late-night comforts at day's end.

A cup of hot tea in my hand,
A cushion to my back,
A softly breathing cat curled at my feet,
Tonight there is nothing I lack.

Across the room,
A bed ready-made,
My head dares to nod,
And the fire starts to fade.

The day's cares gone,
My slumber at hand,
I crawl into bed,
 Slipping into a dream-filled land...

For the sun has retired,
And the moon now glows;
I will presently rest my head,
'til morning once more shows.

© Hannah Scarlett 2011



2 comments:

  1. This makes me tired, u r awesome at this :) frost

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I will lay me down and sleep, for thou only, Lord, makest me to dwell in safety." -from somewhere early in the Psalms. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~