Thursday, March 17, 2011

Endless~



Never Ending,
Ever bending,
The sky encircles our world.

Never failing,
Ever sailing,
Her wonders are unfurled:

The barer of lights
On darkest nights,
The sky never sleeps.

The throne of the sun,
'til day is done,
‘round our earth she creeps.

The joy of the birds,
Her beauty is beyond words...
Rain man reaps,
When e'er she weeps...

In a circlet ‘round her ebony hair,
Rests a swathe of milky stars.
She holds in her hand the wonder of the planets:
Jupiter, Venus, and Mars.

She dons a veil of elegance,
Sometimes silver-gray;
Or often a gown of gentle blue,
On a lovely Summer day.

Watching us in life always,
Her awesome, silky vastness,
The sky goes on in a watery haze,
Most surely and truly endless...

© Hannah Scarlett 2011

8 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    Your poems are lovely!! Keep up the great work. :D
    I'm S.O. excited about this new blog.
    Maybe you should post your favorite poems written by other people, too on here... because I know it's hard to come up with poems sometimes... and other people's poems are somewhat where we get our inspiration, right?
    Love you!
    Blessings,


    Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, the sky does inspire, doesn't it!! I know that there have been times when it has 'captured' me. Loved your view of it! Love You, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely poem! The picture goes so well with it

    Bella Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah,

    Is this a public blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see those lessons on metaphor and personifications were useful, after all. I like it, sweetie. I like all that it says about how you use your eyes, and your heart and mind. (Editor's note: the sky "dons" a veil.) Love, Miss Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky is beutiful, living on a fram you must see alot of it to get this inspired.

    Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE personification!
    and metaphors! and similes!


    Oops! I forgot Amazing writing Hannah, I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~