Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Choice~




It is so tempting...
Uncertainty claws at me.
Which way is right?
It's too shadowy to see.

I cannot choose-
I know you're a lie,
But the pull towards you
Is so strong that I...

Cannot tell left from right,
Right from wrong;
Fire from water,
Weeping from song.

You're a deceiver,
A weaver of lies,
I long to run,
To heed those inner cries.

Trapped between two paths,
A critical choice to make-
You blind me with falsehoods,
A blue-eyed, conniving snake.

And then the truth awakens,
The time to choose draws near.
I face you with defiance,
My decision is now clear...

I'll leave you, fell serpent,
I won't be caught in your snare-
I rid myself of you.
Try another day... if you dare.

© Hannah Scarlett 2011


4 comments:

  1. You seem to have a great gift there. Keep up the good work and know that God helps giftings to become great if they are used for his glory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." You have captured the struggle implied, and the prescription recommended, in James 4:7. My wise girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is PERFECT for a song! The first verse is the first two stanzas, the next three stanzas are the chorus, next 2 stanzas is the 2nd verse, repeat the chorus (maybe with a variation on the words) and the last verse is the bridge!!! All it needs is a tune!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~