Friday, October 28, 2011

A Flame in the Night~



Oh, little fire,
Little friend in the dark,
When e're I am lonely, you are at my command
With the single strike of a spark.

Your warm glow pulses,
Your crimson flames dance,
You are my refuge,
My comfort, my chance.

Elusive flickering fingers,
On a cold winter's night-
You are there to warm me:
My hope and guiding light.

You illustrate a swarm of fireflies,
With an upward shower of sparks;
You lick up any substance,
Dry leaves, twigs, and barks.

Promise me you'll never leave,
But guard me always through the night,
A caster of ghostly shadows,
Always strong, and ever bright.

© Hannah Scarlett 2011

2 comments:

  1. This tells the exact reason why i like campfires. I also love the smell.
    -mudstar13-

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~