Monday, February 18, 2013

If Only~

Dedicated to The Princess Bride, my favorite movie... 

If only you could stay,
And keep alive this smile.
Help me forget the heartache
If only for a little while. 

If only the sun never sank
To end this happy day,
And summer never faded
And loved ones didn't say...

"I am going now to travel,
Alas, away from you,
Do not fear, I shall return
When sweet spring is new."

If only promises like that
Were not so often broken
Either by ill fate- or worse-
Lying oaths so spoken. 

If only I knew for sure
That you would be free of harm,
That I would soon again
Be breathing in your arms.

If only you could stay
And keep alive this smile.
Help me forget that goodbye nears,
If only for a little while. 

Copyright Hannah Scarlett 2013


1 comment:

I always appreciate feedback~