Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Music~



Music is like poetry,
A gentle, soothing song.
It floats on, an endless river,
The words so delicate, yet so strong.

We trap the song within our words,
When it longs to sail on, free.
We should take a lesson from the birds
Who release it in a warbling melody.

If we tie the music to our words,
It loses its sweet magic…
Bound to our small understanding,
Her caged state is tragic.

Let the tune be known by all,
As the lovely sound plays in our hearts.
No longer crippled by what man binds it to,
We can now feel its deeper parts.

So instead of confining music to our speech,
Let it waft on through the air untamed,
For we only truly feel it when the song is out of mortal reach;
Wild and free, sweet and unnamed.

© Hannah Scarlett 2011


4 comments:

  1. Proud to be your first comment, sweetie. I appreciate a look into your soul. I too, prefer instrumental music over songs with words, although I certainly have many of those that I like. At my summer of Russian school, where we were not allowed any English literature or music, I lived on Starlight Sonata, by Leonard Ellis, a cassette of instrumentals I nearly wore out. I liked being free to imagine my own visual stories with the music. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Hannah! I will look forward to visiting here often. :)

    Deb Turner

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great and beyond poem of beauty

    Frost

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~