Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Fog~

I had to write a poem for school full of metaphors. 
(Photography by Emma Catherine Smith.)

Curling white tendrils,
Reaching, transparent fingers,
Ghostly hands extended,
It undulates and lingers. 

Reaching for your face,
Wrapping arms about you.
Enfolded in the aura
Of evaporated dew.

Searching, seeking hold
To draw you softly in,
Lead you through the woods,
Disorient and spin. 

The magic of the mist
In the cooling hush
Of the day's end drawing near
Past your face will brush.

Impalpable, soft veil
Of shy, flirtatious air,
The fog is free, erratic,
Has not a single care. 

Copyright Hannah Scarlett 2013




8 comments:

  1. Its very spooky:)
    Great job Hannah!
    When did you write this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few weeks ago. But today I improved and rewrote it.

      Delete
  2. Nice:)
    Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you like me to send you some of my poems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely! I would love to read them. My email address is now: hannahscarlettsmith@gmail.com.

      Delete
  4. Okay i'll send them.
    There kind of short:)
    But i plan to make longer ones soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could feel the fog curling in around me as you described it... such a beautiful, tangible description!

    Love,
    Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good poem! Great cover photo as well. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate feedback~